Apologies for the inevitable cross-posting

In late 1974, Bob Cobbing made a visual poem called A winter poem which he
published as a Writers Forum item and which he sent as a Christmas card
that year. (This was spoken of in more detail, at the last Writers Forum
Workshop.)

Over the years following, he made more and more winter poems as Xmas cards,
sending them to friends and colleagues and publishing them. In some cases,
the cards and publications were identical, in others not, so that the Xmas
card did not have the imprint on it, but the image was apparently always
the same.

Sometimes he said what the ISBN was; other times he didn't. Sometimes the
greetings were hand-written, sometimes copied as part of the card's
manufacture... and so on. Often a particular copy would not say it was a
winter poem.

Consistency of that kind did not bother him greatly.

Furthermore, not all of his winter poems came out at Xmas. And he made
variation versions of some poems.

Writers Forum is endeavouring to make these items - they are generally very
fine - available again. And we want to do it as accurately as possible in
terms of the information we provide; and as comprehensively as possible.

With a poet as prolific as Cobbing, there is little chance that everything
will be retrieved; nor would that necessarily be desirable. But this work
seems to be rather important in itself and as a series spread over years,
rather like his triptychs, and it is desirable to save as much of it as
possible.

We are, however, getting to the end of what we can deduce from what we
have. Jennifer Cobbing has recently been very helpful in providing more;
but in a serial endeavour like this where one knows there were items out of
sequence one can never be sure there isn't more to be known...

Perhaps you can help. It is hoped that there will be people reading this
message who not only received or bought such poems but still have them.

If so, could they get in touch?

In some cases, you may be able to confirm or disprove something; in others
you may add to the images we have. In *those cases, we might ask to have a
scan or copy of the item; but you wouldn't be asked to give it up. Your
help would be credited, if you wished.

Ta

http://mail2web.com/ .