>Mr Bircumshaw has the advantage over me, in that if I answer this malicious
crap it will be terminally boring

L<

Lawrence, you've done it again, that is presenting an assertion as an argument. Your statement allows for no discussion, instead, by
flamboyantly not answering anything, you therefore imply that what I said is nothing - 'malicious crap' indeed! What interest or
purpose would I have to be 'malicious' to you? I made two points of fact: the one that you tried to make out I was a pseudonym for
somebody else, which you did when I first joined this list, which is on the archives if anyone can be bothered to check, the other
that you tried to get Robin's e-mail access removed recently because you don't like things he says , he's actually calmer than me
about it. I have no self-interest or ulterior motive in maintaining this non-conversation, I find it something worse than
'terminally boring'.
Tell me something about poetry instead, that's what lists such as this are supposed to be about. Last night, for instance, I was
talking to two Russians, highly literate people both, who had never heard of Khodasevitch and were amazed that I had but couldn't
tell me for sure how his name should be pronounced! I love things like that that the art can produce in one's life.
's lot better than all these wrangles.

All the Best

Dave

David Bircumshaw