Hi A,

Suppose it were granted that all (serious [not sure if you're
retaining this after Geraldine's objections]) poetry is prayer, and
that all religious texts are poetic (is this really 'the other way
round' as Lawrence asked?), what difference would it make?

I'm not being flippant or (I hope) trivial. I'm just wondering how
this might affect one's actions in the world, particularly as a poet.
After all, if, crudely, A=B and B=A, then a single term will do, and
we can jettison the terms 'poetry', 'poet', etc. No? Or at least
franchise them permanently to Hallmark. And where would that get us?

Since that's a course I'm reluctant to take, I think it means I
demur, but I'd like to know what effects you see cascading from the
identification.

Time for coffee.

http://www.soundeye.org/trevorjoyce