Dear All,

I'd support Paul's comment. We've had some success with the software. We've not tested in terms of assistive technology, screen readers etc., or rigorously tested. However, the results do look very encouraging, in particular, the ease of converting the powerpoint from the lecturers perspective. If the solution isn't usable or it adds to much to staff workloads then they are unlikely to engage with it. It's well worth a play on a rainy afternoon ;-)

Cheers

Andy

--On 26 April 2004 21:24 +0100 Paul Catherall <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi
> The 'Accessible Web Publishing Wizard' for Office is quite good, it adds a 'save as accessible..' option :
>
> http://cita.rehab.uiuc.edu/software/office/omp_welcome.html
>
> Paul
>

> Paul Catherall MA(Dist) MCLIP ILTA
> Web Developer | Datblygwr y We
> Information & Student Services | Gwasanaethau Myfyrwyr a Gwybodaeth
> North East Wales Institute of HE | Athrofa Addysg Uwch Gogledd Ddwyrain Cymru
> Mold Road | Ffordd yr Wyddgrug
> Wrexham | Wrecsam
> LL11 2AW
>
> Tel | Ffôn : 01978293341 (Internal | Mewnol: 3341)
> Mobile | Ffôn symudol : 07855183186
> Email | E-bost: [log in to unmask]
> http://www.newi.ac.uk

Andy Ramsden,