Jannetta,

Deleting Content
Use the Recycle option to delete all content, students, staff, the works if required.

Multiple Modules
Seems that the easiest way would be to register everyone on one module and make the other two modules unavailable.  If lecturers want to have their own group communication, discussion boards, email etc, they can create groups in the module.

However if they want their own modules you could:
1) create a (new) single module containing only content (all other buttons made unavailable) and load everyone into that module.
2) switch off all content areas in the group modules (and any other unnecessary options) and add the separate groups into the group modules.
3) create links from the content module to the targetted areas in the group modules.  These links could be stored in folders named for each group.  Everyone could see the folders and links but only those registered in the group module would be able to access the group resources via the links.

This is a bit messy and needs a bit of management by the lecturers but it should work.  Possibly someone in BB land has a neater solution.  I would be grateful to hear off it.

regards,
Arthur Loughran
University of Paisley

>>> [log in to unmask] 14/10/2004 2:55:55 pm >>>
Hi All

Is there perhaps someone that has a solution to this problem? We are
using Blackboard 6. Because of the way that BB has been implemented at
our college, a course, eg Psychology AS, might end up as three different
courses in Blackboard, eg Psychology AS Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3.
This happens because our MIS allocates each group a different course
code. However, lecturers want exactly the same course materials in all
three course codes. At his point in time I only know of three ways to
get these materials accross from one course to the others: 1) do it
manually, 2) use copy course, 3) use export and import.

Option 2 will work fine for lecturers, except than when you copy
materials across, existing materials are not overwritten. So, if you
copy materials from course A to course B, make changes to A and copy it
again, you end up with everything duplicated in B. You can off course go
and delete everything, which brings me to my question. Is there a way to
delete all course content in one go! I realise one will loose all
tracking information, but I think for some lecturers that won't matter.

Another question would off course be whether anybody has any better
solutions to this problem, apart from suggesting us changing the course
codes, because I have tried that and the answer is NO.

Regards
Jannetta Lewis

====
New College Durham
Product Development Co-ordinator
X4434

Legal disclaimer

The information transmitted is the property of the University of Paisley and is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Statements and opinions expressed in this
e-mail may not represent those of the company.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination and other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.