Hi there,

        We have this week moved from our basic version of Blackboard to
the Enterprise edition. This involved moving servers, when our ICT
Support team restarted BB services we got a "Database Connection
Unavailable". We think the issue is to do with a different port being
used or different SQL passwords. Has anyone else run into this error?
And what's the best way of remedying it.

Hope someone can help

Regards,

Karl Gibbens

Karl Gibbens
Blackboard Systems Administrator

NEW College Pontefract

Tel: 01977 702139 (ex.293)

PS: The Text of the error in full is below

Database Connection Unavailable

Database Connection Unavailable
Blackboard Learning SystemTM(Release 6) is unable to locate the database
it needs to proceed. There may be a network problem, or a database
connection issue. Please contact your system administrator.