Hi Rachel

I faced the similar problem before in which I was trying to condition the feedback based on individual student's chosen answers and score. There is no straight forward answer to that. One of the suggestions is to place some links each describing the suitable outcome at the feedback of the very last question. They may look like

Click here if your score is 70 or above
Click here if your score is between 60 and 69
Click here if your score is 40 or below

where here should link to a separate html page for specific comment. Students when presented with the detailed feedback can then follow the link to see the comments in relation to their score and performance.

With regard to randomising questions, Blackboard allows you to present the questions in any test in a different order. I don't know whether it is possible to create question sets in Blackboard so that questions can be drawn from a bank and re-used. A cumbersome way will be to create a number of tests and restrict their access by different passwords. For instance, students A - E will work on Test 1, F - K on Test 2, L - P on Test 3 and so on. The password for each test will be different and are given to them prior to the test. This again is not ideal but perhaps the only solution for the time being.

In addition to this user forum and Behind Blackboard, I also find http://www.bbmatters.net/ an useful place to find out information about Blackboard.

Hope this will help. Cheers.

Samuel, 12 July 2004
Research Assistant