This is on behalf of a colleague of mine.

He reports a problem downloading a course cartridge and in his own
words...

"I have recently tried downloading a course cartridge into Blackboard
(5.5.1) which is a full course that has been purchased from Pearson
publishers.

I created a new course in Blackboard 5.5 and entered the Instructor
download key. At this point after submitting, a message was received
stating something along the lines of the cartridge is now downloading
and may take a few minutes up to several hours to download.

A week later and the Blackboard course is still empty. Is there a
setting somewhere to enable this or could it be something like a
firewall issue stopping it being downloaded?

There are now 200 students who have paid to access this material and so
you can appreciate the urgency with which we need to resolve this
issue."

Any comments / ideas welcomed...

Gary Clay
Learning Development Manager
Information Services
Telephone 01785 35 3648
e-mail [log in to unmask]

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and
any attachment from your computer.