Hi Anthony/Gary

I, too, felt the urge to do a graphic. We're on 6.1 Basic and I quite
like this facility, as I think it lets users decide what they want to
see, codes or no codes. It's also useful, once you've pointed them at
this facility, if you've left old course sites lying around, for
students to understand that they can reduce the list of course sites
showing to the ones that are current - and get the old ones back
whenever they want with the click of a mouse.

I handled this one with a 10-day APB pointing to a web page giving
users the necessary details.

--
Regards
Mark

Mark Gamble
Head of Learning Technology Support Service, University of Luton
Tel (+44)1582 489260 Fax (+44)1582 489259  Mob 07720 068605     Int ext
2260 / 6360 (mobex)

>>> Anthony Doyle <[log in to unmask]> 07/06/2004 14:39:42 >>>

Hi Gary, I'm sure the 6.1 upgrade introduced this problem. Basically
the
ID of the course is shown in the my course portal module. Upon
clicking
the pencil icon you find that the tick box to show course id's is
actually unchecked. By submitting the page unchanged the extra (course
id) prefixed data somehow disappears. Every individual user would have
to do this however which is a bit nasty.

Kate are you currently running 6.1? One way that I am planning on
getting around this is to disable the 'my courses' portal module and
simply enable the 'courses: quick view' module and set it to a
required
module. This solves the problem but means that you don't get the
announcements info below each course entry in the list. However the
announcements portal module takes care of that.

I've tried to attach a screenshot of the new nasty my courses module.

Regards
Anthony