  From: Marika@oare
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 9:55 PM
  Subject: Re: Sadistic cruelty in Empires, old and new
  Horror stories are endless... or so it seems to me. However, while I do not wish to exonerate the Brits, the Yanks, or any other Whites from the tortures, humiliations, massacres they inflicted on Others (now or in the past), at times they inflicted these on each other. And we must also acknowledge, I think, that other peoples, eg the Japanese, Pol Pot, have  behaved equally horrifically. Which does not, of course, excuse so-called civilised Whites' 'misbehaviour'.