  Marika,

  I have not got time to find the references, but I attach what I prepared for the Lewisham work 10 years ago.

  Sean
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Marika@oare
    To: [log in to unmask]
    Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2004 7:11 PM
    Subject: help please!

    Can anyone offer any suggestions as to where i might find info re

    the numbers of officers, pay etc for Indians V. Brits.... in all the Indian forces for both WWI & WWI (No Indian officers in WWI, I believe. ) I'd also love to find data on how much the two World Wars cost India as well as all the other previous wars it fought for Britain. Any clues?

    Thank you!

    Marika