We have recently published two editions that will be of interest to
scholars studying the Romantic period.

British Satire, 1785-1840 is the first scholarly collection devoted to
Romantic period literary satire and is fully reset apart from volume 3
which is composed of Complete Longer Satires. The set also includes two
important single-author volumes: the first scholarly editions of the
satires of William Gifford and Thomas Moore. More information on this
title can be found at www.pickeringchatto.com/satires.

In February 2004 we completed publishing the 8 volume collection on
Literature and Science, 1660-1834. The edition reproduces, in facsimile,
primary texts which embody the polymathic nature of the literature of
science, and the editorial matter provides overviews and extensive
references, with a consolidated index at the end of each four-volume
set. Each volume covers a different area of science. More information on
this set can be found at www.pickeringchatto.com/litandscience.

New edition for May 2004

Finally I am delighted to announce the publication of Robert Southey:
Poetical Works 1793-1810. This is the first modern scholarly edition of
Southey's poetical works and includes extensive use of previously
unpublished manuscript poems and texts not included in the Poetical
Works (1837-8). More information on this Pickering Masters edition can
be found at www.pickeringchatto.com/southey.

Please contact Paul Boland for any further information:

Paul Boland

Marketing Manager

Pickering & Chatto Publishers

21 Bloomsbury Way

London WC1A 2TH

Tel: +44 020 7405 1005

Fax: +44 020 7405 6216

Website: www.pickeringchatto.com

British Association for Romantic Studies

To advertise Romantic literature conferences, publications, jobs, or
other events that the BARS members would be interested in, please
contact Sharon Ruston <[log in to unmask]>

Also use these addresses to register any change in your e-mail address,
or to be removed from the list.

Messages are held in archives, along with other information about the
Mailbase at: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/bars.html

This mail sent through http://webmail.bangor.ac.uk