  From: Taylor, Barry
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2004 12:23 PM
  Subject: Re: International Journal: 'Universal Access in the Information Society '

  Hi Aidan & the list

  Never heard of it - looks interesting!

  Two issues:
  1.  How do we find out about things?  RECAL does a good job in one part of the spectrum, but a wider (including EAT) current awareness programme would be invaluable.  Anyone agree?
  2. I'm not aware that our field links up with human factors/ ergonomics in any major way. Can anyone contradict me?
  When you're designing a car (eg) , you have rules on accelerator (eg) design - forces, travel, position - designed to cope with your gaussian distribution of drivers & their repeated use of this device.  We tend to be looking at individuals with abilities specific to themselves, but the principles must apply?
  Barry Taylor, Clinical Scientist
  Medical Physics Department
  Tulley Medical Physics Building, Hull Royal Infirmary
  Anlaby Road, Hull HU3 2JZ
  Tel 01482 675928, fax 01482 675750