From: Paul D. Nisbet [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 22 April 2004 16:03
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: swheelchairs with adjustable height seats for school

Hi folks

Here's a problem which I'm sure you guys have tackled many times:

We've a client in primary school who is due to go to secondary school next
term, who drives a powered chair. At a planning visit to the secondary
school the staff pointed out that she would have difficulty accessing all
the different desks and workbenches that are in the subject classrooms, and
were asking if a chair with adjustable height seat would be suitable - eg
Spectra Plus Riser. My initial reaction is that a wheelchair tray might be
more practical and a lot cheaper, but I expect it could be very useful to
have adjustable height as well. Anyone used such things in this sort of
situation?

Paul

Paul D. Nisbet
Senior Research Fellow / Joint Coordinator
CALL Centre, University of Edinburgh
Paterson's Land, Holyrood Road
Edinburgh EH8 8AQ
Tel. 0131 651 6236