Does anyone out there who is working in wheelchair services, give out
vouchers for powered wheelchairs.  If you do have you had to address the
situation of an individual who wants to upgrade to a class 3 vehicle
(8mph).  Do you allow it or do you stick to the remit of the nhs whereby
we only assess for class 2 vehicles (4mph)?

I'd be gratefoul for any thoughts, we don't do vouchers for powered
chairs but were weighing up the pros and cons.

Jacqui Donaldson

Jacqui Donaldson, Occupational Therapist
Eastern Cheshire PCT, Wheelchair Assessment Centre,
Gawsworth Building, Blue Zone,
District General Hospital
Macclesfield, Cheshire. SK10 3BL
Tel: 01625 661064

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

Scanned for all known viruses by Bucks Net
in association with NetCleanse.
Please consult http://www.bucks.net/av/ for more information.