Thanks to Stephen for raising the issue of the draft Position Paper of the AT Forum.

The Assistive Technology Forum is a partnership of user and professional organisations. Although feedback on its Position Paper is always welcome, it is very important that views are expressed through these organisations. Please do copy your comments FAST, which act as the Forum's administrator (email  [log in to unmask]), but send your opinion to one of the following (or encourage your own national organization to become a member!)
Ace Centre
Advance - Professionals in Electronic Assistive Technology
Age Concern
Assocation of British Healthcare Industries
Association for the Advancement of Assitive Technology in Europe
Association of Institutions concerned with Medical Engineering
British Educational Communications and Technology Agency
British Healthcare Trade Association
British Society of Rehabilitation Medicine
Centre for Accessible Environments
Centre for Disability Research and Innovation
Centre Rehabilitation Engineering
College of Occupational Therapists
Communication Matters
Disabled Living Centres Council
Disabled Living Foundation
emPOWER
Foundation for Assistive Technology
Institute of Physical Engineering in Medicine
Multidisciplinary Association for Spinal Cord Injury Professionals
National Association of Equipment Providers
National Prosthetics Managers' Forum
National Wheelchair Managers' Forum
Neurological Alliance
Posture and Mobility Group
RADAR
Rehabilitation Engineering Service Management Group
Ricability
Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
Royal National Institute for Blind People
Royal National Institute for Deaf People
Royal Society of Medicine
Speakability
Spinal Injuries Association
Whizz Kidz

Many thanks

Alan Turner-Smith,
Chair, The Assistive Technology Forum

At 23:01 25/05/04, Stephen Kirker wrote:
>Date:    Tue, 25 May 2004 09:41:28 +0100
>From:    "Kirker, Stephen" <@ADDENBROOKES.NHS.UK>
>Subject: FW: Assitive Technology Forum
>
>" The Assistive Technology Forum
>This draft position paper is being circulated to seek comments before being
>finally adopted......please send any comments to
>[log in to unmask]  (Royal Devon and Exeter Healthcare
>Trust). I see there is no mention of this mailing list as a way of getting
>professional opinions and further education....
>
>Stephen GB Kirker MD FRCPI
>Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine
>Box 120, Disablement Services Centre & Lewin Stroke & Rehab Unit
>Addenbrookes NHS Trust
>Cambridge CB2 2QQ
>01223 217870      fax 01223 242038

Dr Alan R Turner-Smith, Reader in Rehabilitation Engineering
Centre of Rehabilitation Engineering         www.kcl.ac.uk/core
Dept Medical Engineering & Physics
King's College Hospital,   Denmark Hill,   LONDON,   SE5 9RS
Tel: +44 (0)20 7346 1650               Fax: +44 (0)20 7346 1651

Scanned for all known viruses by Bucks Net
in association with NetCleanse.
Please consult http://www.bucks.net/av/ for more information.