Barry

I think there is a demand.  We have a patient in Lothian who uses a
Breas PV 101 as a therapeutic ventilator, i.e. not life support.  He
uses this whilst in bed and would like to be able to switch it on/off
probably via a suck/puff switch.

The Bras PV 101, like many modern electrical devices, powers up in a
standby mode.  It's therefore not possible to achieve on/off with an
environmental control mains box.  This results in a similar problem to
the problem you describe with the Nippy ventilator.

So, I certainly think there is a demand.  Our patient certainly finds
the constant airflow irritating.

Colin Geggie
RES
Eastern General Hospital
Seafield Road
Edinburgh
EH6 7LN
Tel. 0131 536 4695

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only, If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.