I'm working with someone who has a visual impairment to the extent that
magnification software is no longer of benefit. I'm trying to acquaint them
with a standard qwerty keyboard with screen reading controlled by keystrokes
only.

Is there anything which would announce a key press but delay sending it to
the  window with the focus? I'd like to have a means of the key press being
announced, then only sending the character if that key is held down beyond a
given time threshold.

I've only considered this with the screen reading part of Supernova so far,
which announces the character only once it appears in the text window - too
late. I haven't experimented with Jaws or any of the simpler screen reading
applications. Thought you may save me some time.

Thanks,

Marcus.

Marcus Friday
Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering Department
Barnsley District General Hospital
Gawber Road
Barnsley
S75 2EP