Thanks for all the resources:  Ian Bean and Martin Maltby also kindly
contacted me off list with more[1] resources.

The client has an acquired brain injury and is 24 - full assessments of his
cognation and language have not yet been able to be undertaken.  Initial
signs are that he has good comprehension - the problem is we don't _know_
what level to pitch things at and so want to make sure I am armed with the
full range so as not to de-motivate him further (we believe he has recently
been depressed), whilst also allowing him to succeed in learning to use the
switch.

Anyway, have a nice weekend all.

Cheers

Simon