Richard may like to know that I am aware of another such 'eye witness' letter to Huskisson's death. I remember cataloguing and transcribing it some years ago! (In a deposited family archive that, of course, I hope never comes up for sale in whole or part.) I am sure there are others scattered over the country; there were after all a great number of people at this event. So don't let sales people convince you that something is unique. Though of course it is delightful that it is Scoresby.
As an aside, his Arctic whaling journals have been published by the Hakluyt Society, 3rd series, vol 12. The Society is not of course an archive collecting body.
Good luck
Sarah

S Bridges
County Archivist