Outreach Officer, Hackney Archives Dept

The following job advertisement will not appear in ARC recruiting.

LONDON BOROUGH OF HACKNEY
COMMUNITY AND LEISURE

Outreach Officer
£24,129 - £25,533 pa

Hackney Archives Department, the record office and local studies library for Hackney, has secured funding for a six month outreach programme. We are looking for an enthusiastic and qualified archivist to devise and deliver specified project work.

You will be expected to plan and manage programmes of work to support school and life long learning, social inclusion project work, and to develop communications with Hackney's diverse communities. You will also work with the National Archives Community Access to Archives team, as Hackney is one of the pilot areas for the prospective National Archives Linking Arms project. The post-holder will also be expected to undertake some searchroom duty, which will help provide knowledge of the collections.

This post is funded for six months in the first instance, but the post-holder will also explore additional avenues of funding.

Hackney Archives Department is a service within the Cultural Division of the Community and Leisure Directorate.

The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 5pm, 28th May 2004.

To obtain an application pack, please contact our Response Handling Consultants, Bartlett Scott Edgar, Bartlett House, 65-67 Wilson Street, London, EC2A 2LT or telephone 020 7382 7523. Alternatively, email [log in to unmask] quoting reference CLSCS/06/NRA and your full contact address and contact number(s).

For informal information you can call David Mander on 020 7241 2886

One of the core values of the Council is an unequivocal commitment to the principle and operation of equality in terms of how we deliver the best services to our customers and all the people of Hackney, how we recruit, and how we support our staff. We welcome applications from people who can make that principle a reality.

London Borough of Hackney may exercise its right to intercept any communication on its networks - for more information see http://www.hackney.gov.uk/email_disclaimer.html