Thank you to everyone who replied to my recent enquiry about charges for
talks and visits to record offices. I received replies from 20 offices and
I've now summarised the information.

External talks

3 offices do not make a charge.

1 office does not give external talks.

10 offices make charges as follows:
expenses if out of town
£15
£20
£22 (evenings and Saturdays)
£25
£30
£35 +expenses
£40
£50
£50 (+expenses if over 25 miles)

3 offices ask for donations (£1 per head; £20; £30). If asked, 2 offices
suggest donations to their Friends' organisation, and 1 office suggests a
donation to the Mayor's Charity.

Visits to record offices

5 offices do not make a charge.

1 office does not have an on-site lecture room.

9 offices make charges as follows:
£3 per head
£15
£20
£22 (evenings and Saturdays)
£25
£30
£30 (£20 school/educational groups)
£35 + expenses
£50 (Monday evenings and daytime)

3 offices ask for donations (£1 per head; £20; £20). One office suggests a
donation to their Friends' organisation.

Jenny Butler
Archivist

Essex Record Office
Wharf Road
Chelmsford
CM2 6YT

Tel: 01245-244604

This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s)
named above.  It may contain confidential or privileged information and
should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person unless
express permission is given.  If you are not a named recipient, please
contact the sender and delete the email from your system. It is the
recipient's responsibility to ensure that appropriate measures are in place
to check for software viruses.