Dear All,

I am soon to start feasibility work on a new record office building for
Plymouth.  As part of this, I am trying to identify as many of the likely
areas for potential research including considering the likely future demand
on record office services, the means services are delivered, audience
development as well as questions of location and design etc.
I am interested also in learning of any interesting partnerships that have
come from new record office building, innovative use of shared spaces etc.
The latter clearly has a direct bearing on the ability to attract funding,
and is therefore of crucial importance.

I should be very grateful if anyone who has been involved in, or is
currently working on a similar project would be willing to share any ideas
with me, so as many options as possible can be considered at the outset.

Thanks

Sam Johnston

City Archivist
Plymouth and West Devon Record Office