Colleagues,

After 3 years as Archive Lottery Adviser, Alison Berwick, left the
post at the end of June. I am sure the UK archive community will join with
me in
wishing Alison all the best in her new role as a development grants officer
in the private sector.

The NCA is currently revisiting the strategic role and objectives of the
Archive Lottery Advisory Service in the light of recent publication of the
Archives Task Force report and how this relates to external funding bodies.

In the short term Louise Ray will be covering the role of Archive Lottery
Adviser and
can be contacted via email on [log in to unmask], or on 020
8392 5347, Tuesdays to Fridays.  She will continue to provide advice and,
where necessary, consultation visits, but there will be no Lottery
Workshops scheduled in the short term.  Application reviews will only be
undertaken for organisations who have previously been in contact with the
Archive Lottery Advisor, or who have attended a workshop.

For general details about the service please see the NCA website
www.ncaonline.org.uk/lottery.

We hope you will bear with us if there are any delays in responding to your
requests for assistance while Louise is settling into her new role.  We hope
to be able to announce the appointment of a new full-time Lottery Adviser in
the autumn.

Nick Kingsley
Chairman, NCA