From: "Van Der Veen, Dr M." <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 6:38 AM
Subject: special book offer

> Special Offer: World Archaeology 34(3)2003 - LUXURY FOODS
>
> A limited number of copies of this volume are still available at the
special price of 15 pounds sterling/27 US dollars. Subscribers interested in
purchasing a copy can contact the editor, Dr Marijke van der Veen (email:
[log in to unmask]), to obtain the order form (PDF file). Please note
that orders must be sent direct to the publisher (address on the order
form). Details of the contents of the volume are listed below. This offer is
subject to availability.

> M. van der Veen (ed) LUXURY FOODS - WORLD ARCHAEOLOGY 34(3)2003 - special
price £15
> Volume content:
> When is food a luxury?
> van der Veen, Marijke page: 405
>
> Beyond affluence: the zooarchaeology of luxury
> Ervynck, Anton - Van Neer, Wim - Hüster-Plogmann, Heide - Schibler, Jörg
page: 428

> Did East Polynesians have a concept of luxury foods?
> Leach, Helen page: 442
>
> Were luxury foods the first domesticates? Ethnoarchaeological perspectives
from Southeast Asia
> Hayden, Brian page: 458
>
> Pre-Columbian Andean animal domesticates at the edge of empire
> Stahl, Peter page: 470
>
> New archaeological insights into food and status: a case study from
pre-contact Hawaii
> Kirch, Patrick - O'Day, Sharyn Jones page: 484
>
> The noble beast: status and differential access to animals in the Maya
world
> Emery, Kitty page: 498
>
> Brewing beer: status, wealth and ceramic use alteration among the Gamo of
south-western Ethiopia
> Arthur, John page: 516
>
> Pomegranates in eastern Mediterranean contexts during the Late Bronze Age
> Ward, Cheryl page: 529
>
> Access to luxury foods in Central Europe during the Roman period: the
archaeobotanical evidence
> Bakels, Corrie - Jacomet, Stefanie page: 542
>
> Archaeology, luxury and the exotic: the examples of Islamic Gao (Mali) and
Bahrain