Dear List Members
I would like to ask you in the name of Prof. Eliso Kvavadze from Tbilisi
about palinological investgations connected with honey. She has 3 pots from
grave-mound (kurgan) dated to the Middle Bronze (ca. 2600 - 2200 BC), S
Georgia, 2300 m a.s.l. In every one pot different honey was preserved (1 -
Tilia, 2 - mainly Rosaceae, 3 - mainly Astrancia). That is the first such
find in Georgia. Eliso is interested in similar finds from other parts of
Europe.
If you have some information and publications connected with ancient honey
please help.

There is a big problem with getting literature in Georgia so if I only could
suggest you sending offprint directly to Eliso...?

That adress work properly

Prof. Eliso Kvavadze
L. Davitashvili Institute of Palaeobiology
Georgian Academy of Sciences
Potochnaya 4
Tbilisi 380004
Georgia

e-mail: [log in to unmask]  - very poor connection - please don't send
any attachements
[log in to unmask] - should work better

With best wishes
Aldona Bieniek