Information Analyst - SAS - GlaxoSmithKline - Harlow, Southeast England

BSc degree with honours in a scientific or numerate subject. Ideally a
minimum of 2 years experience of SAS programming within a pharmaceutical
or medical environment.

The Candidate:

You will be a graduate with a good honours degree or MSc in statistics,
computer science, or a related scientific or numerate subject, ideally
with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience. In addition to your
excellent written and verbal communication skills, you?ll be meticulous
and have a flair for problem solving. As an ambitious and self motivated
individual, you?ll have the ability to work effectively in a highly
motivated team. Experience of SAS is essential, however advanced SAS
training, if required, will be provided as well as specific therapeutic
area awareness.

Role Details:

As one of the world's leading pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, it
is GlaxoSmithKline's goal to enable people to do more, feel better and
live longer. Much of our success is down to the spirit, innovation,
passion and excellence of our people. With UK sites in Harlow (Essex) and
Greenford (West London) and US sites in North Carolina and Philadelphia,
we can offer you a world of opportunity.

We currently have 2 vacancies within the Statistics and Programming
Department at the New Frontiers Science Park site in Harlow, working in
the Cardiovascular or Neurosciences therapeutic teams. We are looking for
a graduate, preferably with at least 2 years experience of SAS
programming/analysis within the pharmaceutical, CRO or medical
environment. As a key member of a dynamic team you will be working
alongside medical statisticians and other programmer analysts to perform
and co-ordinate analysis and reporting activities for phase II-IV clinical
trials.

Key Responsibilities:

Typically this involves - Reviewing protocols, Case Report Forms and
Reporting and Analysis Plans, specifying structure and content of
reporting datasets, developing and testing SAS programs and producing
summary statistics in the form of tables, listings and graphics.

In addition, the scope of this role may include your involvement in the
coordination of reporting activities with CROs and for supporting
regulatory submissions as well as planning data transfer and aggregation
activities. You should be able to work independently and supervise
contract programmers and ensure appropriate quality control and validation
of work to meet regulatory requirements.

GSK Ref: 18996

To Apply:

Please note that shortlisting preference will be given to applications
received before Wednesday 4th August 2004. Please use the "cover letter"
of your online application to describe how you meet the requirements of
the role (however you are also welcome to include other information such
as salary expectations, dates you may be unavailable to interview, etc.)
Meanwhile thank you for your interest in this opportunity.

At GlaxoSmithKline we provide a supportive working environment, and a
range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer
competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to
retain the very best.

For confidential consideration and efficient processing, please apply
online at:

http://careers.peopleclick.com/client40_gsk/BU1/External_Pages_UK/newcandidate.asp?Source=ALL&JobID=15119

Please only apply by clicking on this link or by cutting and pasting it
into your web browser.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply for this role.  Please
note that we will only contact you again if you are invited to interview.
All data processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data
Protection Act. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging
people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish.  GSK
is an equal opportunity employer.