I have been asked to forward this to the list.
Please reply to the details given and not to me.

Dear Colleague

UK MEG-UKEMS International Conference
'Molecular Epidemiology and the Assessment of Chronic Disease Risk'
15-17 September 2004 at the Low Wood Hotel, Lake Windermere, Cumbria, UK

As Chairperson of the UK Molecular Epidemiology Group I would like to draw
your attention to the above international conference.

The UK Molecular Epidemiology Group (a part of the United Kingdom
Environmental Mutagen Society) is organising the above  meeting at the
attractive setting of Low Wood Hotel
<http://www.elh.co.uk/hotels/lowwood.htm>http://www.elh.co.uk/hotels/lowwood.htm
Windermere, Cumbria, UK in the Lake District. This venue creates an
excellent atmosphere for interaction between participants with everyone
staying in the same venue for the duration of the conference. This will be
a multi-disciplinary conference that aims to identify how novel biochemical
and genetic markers may contribute to risk assessment of chronic diseases.
Symposia at the meeting will focus on air pollution, nutrition and chronic
diseases. There will also be opportunities for poster and oral presentations.

The cost of all-inclusive registration, hotel and meals is as follows:

UKEMS/BACR members £400; Non-members £450; PhD Students £300.

Invited speakers include: G N Wogan (USA), P Vineis (ITALY), T Bishop (UK),
R Maynard (UK), M Taioli (ITALY), S Loft (DENMARK), P Boffetta (ITALY), D
Benford (UK), S Bingham (UK), N Wareham (UK) , J Groopman (USA), J Cade
(UK), A Schatzkin (USA)

For further details contact the UK MEG Secretariat
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask] or fax:
+44-(0)1904-416-586.  For the preliminary programme, registration, payment,
bursary and abstract submission forms please visit the UKEMS website at:

<http://www.swan.ac.uk/cget/newuk1.htm>http://www.swan.ac.uk/cget/newuk1.htm

Professor Chris Wild
Chair, UK MEG

Andrew McMullan     Phone:0141-330 2474
Statistics Department       Email:[log in to unmask]
University of Glasgow
University Avenue
Glasgow
G12 8QQ