I have been asked to forward this to the list.
Please reply to the details given and not to me.

MRC Clinical Trials Unit

HIV Group

Medical Statistician

  £22,242 - 27,799 p.a.inc.

The HIV Group at the MRC Clinical Trials Unit coordinates a wide portfolio
of randomised trials and epidemiological studies in HIV infection, and has
an established international reputation. The Group currently numbers around
40 multidisciplinary staff, including 8 statisticians, and offers a
stimulating work environment.

We wish to appoint a statistician to assist in the analysis and other
statistical aspects of  studies associated with the Microbicides
Development Programme, in particular the large Phase III trial expected to
begin in the near future. Opportunities also exist for applied
methodological research.

Candidates should have close familiarity with one or more statistical
packages (preferably Stata), have good communication skills, possess
initiative, and be able to work effectively in a team. We are looking to
appoint a candidate with (or about to obtain) an MSc or PhD in Medical
Statistics. Previous practical experience in medical statistics would be an
advantage. Candidates should be willing to travel to trial sites in Africa
as required.

The duration of this appointment is for 3 years initially and could
commence immediately.

Salary includes Location Allowance and Central London Supplement.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave days per year, a contributory pension
scheme and an interest free season ticket loan.
The salary is dependent on previous experience and may be negotiable for
exceptional candidates.

Closing Date: Friday 2nd July 2004.

Address informal enquiries to Andrew Nunn (020 7670 4703, [log in to unmask]).

For an application pack, please contact the Personnel Department on 020
7670 4633 or email:
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]  Please send
your completed application form marked for the attention of Kathryn Bowler,
Personnel Assistant to: MRC Centre UCL, Stephenson House, 158-160 North
Gower Street, London. NW1 2ND quoting ref: 242/ctu.

‘Leading Science for Better Health’

The Medical Research Council is an
Equal Opportunities Employer and
operates a strict no smoking policy.