Dear all,

I've heard about an article published in JASA in 1992, written by Good. The problem focused there is that a given significance value doesn't have the same meaning according to the sample size. Larger sample sizes tend to cause smaller significance values. The solution given is to calculate a standardized significance value for a fixed sample size of 100.

I think the formula which should be used is the following:
P(adjusted)=min{p.sqrt(n/100);0.5}.
where p=significance value calculated as usually for my sample of size n.

As I haven't read the article, I'm not sure whether the method is very general and can be applied in every situation. Could you please give me some more details? Thanks a lot in advance.

Eve CORDA
Office national de la chasse et de la faune sauvage
(http://www.oncfs.gouv.fr)
BP 20
78612 Le Perray en Yvelines Cedex
FRANCE