SAS Programmer / Analyst - GlaxoSmithKline, Harlow, Essex.
The Candidate:

BSc degree with honours in a scientific or numerate subject. Ideally a
minimum of 1 years experience of SAS programming within a pharmaceutical or medical environment.

Role Details:

As one of the world's leading pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, it
is our goal to enable people to do more, feel better and live longer. Much
of our success is down to the spirit, innovation, passion and excellence
of our people. With sites at Harlow, Essex and West London in the UK plus
North Carolina and Philadelphia in the US, we can offer you a world of
opportunity.

We currently have a vacancy for a graduate with experience of SASŪ
programming/analysis within our Biomedical Data Sciences Department of the
Research & Development facilities at the New Frontiers Science Park site
in Harlow. As a key member of a dynamic team, you'll be working alongside
Medical Statisticians, analysing and reporting clinical trials data.
Typically this involves - Reviewing Case Report Forms (CRFs) and Reporting
and Analysis Plans, specifying structure and content of reporting
datasets, developing and testing SAS programs and producing summary
statistics in the form of tables, listings and graphics.

You will be a graduate with a good honours degree in a scientific or
numerate subject, ideally with a minimum of 1 years experience within the
pharmaceutical industry. In addition to your excellent written and verbal
communication skills, you'll be meticulous and have a flair for problem
solving. As an ambitious and self motivated individual, you'll have the
ability to work effectively in a highly motivated team. Experience of SASŪ
is essential, however advanced SASŪ training, along with any therapeutic
area training, required for the role, will be provided.
The closing date for applications is Friday 12th March 2004.

Applications should include a covering letter outlining your
interest/suitability in/for the position.
Please state where you saw this advertisement and confirm your
availability for interview

To Apply:

At GlaxoSmithKline we provide a supportive working environment, and a
range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer
competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to
retain the very best.

For confidential consideration and efficient processing, please apply
online at:

http://careers.peopleclick.com/client40_gsk/BU1/External_Pages_UK/newcandidate.asp?Source=ALL&JobID=12475

Please only apply by clicking on this link or by cutting and pasting it
into your web browser.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply for this role.  Please note that we will only contact you again if you are invited to
interview.  All data processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data
Protection Act.

GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be
themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish.  GSK is an equal
opportunity employer.