Hello all

I'm interested in testing for differences between my fixed sample (n=200)
representing locations of colonies (of a vole species) and N random samples
using permutation test. The data are provided by pixel's  reflectance of
satellite images. My fixed sample are georeferenced locations in the field
and I'm obtaning N random samples (same size, n=200) from the entire image.

Can I do this? obtain random sub-samples from an known finite sample (the
entire satellite image, with about 1,000,000 pixels) and compare N times
with one fixed sample (the colonies reflectance), using an nonparametric
statistic?

What about sampling, say, Nc from this pool of 200 colonies points and
another Ns from satellite (Nc=Ns) and run the statistical test with this
pair of sub-samples? by taking sub-samples from each one, is a valid
approach?

I implemented an R function running a large number of wilcox test,
evaluating distribution of p-values and using median of p-values as a
location to test my null hipothesis. Now I'm worling in implement bi-aspect
nonparametric permutation test, since random samples from satellite can show
large sd.

any idea?