Dear Allstaters,

Please find below information on our forthcoming RSS Local Group
Meeting. Further information can be found on our webpage:

http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/statistics/rss/

All welcome!

Regards, Paul
Dr. Paul D. Baxter
Secretary/Treasurer, RSS Leeds/Bradford Local Group,
Department of Statistics, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT,  UK.

Wednesday 20th October 2004, 4pm
Room D2.06, Horton Building, University of Bradford (Tea from 3.30pm)

SAM CAMERON (University of Bradford)
Modelling the decision to commit adultery

This seminar will describe a database of individuals who have
self-reported 'adultery'. The work uses logit estimation to establish
which individuals
are most likely to perform an act of adultery given that the probability
of such an act is conditional on personal characteristics (such as
appearance)
and external factors (such as region of residence).