Allstaters,

Here at Birmingham University, we are intending to put the provision of
statistical advice on to a more formal basis. Hence, we are interested in
knowing what is done at other Universities. I would be most grateful if
those of you who are based in Universities could either provide me with
answers to the following questions or forward this email to someone else
who would be able to do so.

1) Is there any form of centralised statistical advisory/support service
at your institution.    Yes/No

2) If the answer to the previous question is Yes, how many staff are
involved in each of the following categories?

                        a) Academic/AR

                        b) Technical

                        c) Clerical

3) How is the service funded?

                        a) "Community charge" on departments?

                        b) Cost recovery from research funding bodies?

                        c) A combination of the above?

                        d) Other (please specify)?

Please reply to me and not to the list. Thanks very much,

Allan

--
Dr. Allan White, Statistical Advisory Service, University of Birmingham
Tel. 0121-414 4750 or 44750 (internal), Email [log in to unmask]