Principal Statistician - GlaxoSmithKline - Harlow, Southeast England.
Ref: 18356PS

You should have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience, preferably
including regulatory submission experience, and have demonstrated ability
to contribute successfully and to influence in a cross-functional matrix
environment.

The Candidate:

MSc in Statistics (or equivalent) required. Preferably you will have at
least 5 years experience working as a statistician in the pharmaceutical
industry.

Role Details:

As one of the world's leading pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, it
is GlaxoSmithKline's goal to enable people to do more, feel better and
live longer. Much of our success is down to the spirit, innovation,
passion and excellence of our people. With UK sites in Harlow (Essex) and
West London plus US sites in North Carolina and Philadelphia, we can offer
you a world of opportunity.

The Cardiovascular therapeutic area within GSK has a range of exciting new
compounds currently in clinical development. As a member of the Statistics
and Programming team, based in Harlow, you will play a vital part of the
matrix that brings these new drug compounds through from the healthy
volunteer Clinical Pharmacology phase into full Clinical Development and
on to Regulatory submission and approval.

In a fast-paced environment, as a senior member of a team of energetic,
busy professional statisticians and programmers, you will be using proven
statistical expertise to contribute to the design and analysis of clinical
trials, advise international clinical development programmes, research
statistical methodology and support regulatory submissions. Working
closely with physicians, clinical research scientists, regulatory
colleagues and data managers you will utilise your excellent team-working
and planning skills, along with your wide knowledge of the drug
development process.

In addition, as a senior member of the team, you will have opportunities
to influence departmental strategy, as well as being involved in the
mentoring, coaching and advising of team members.

To Apply:

Please note that shortlisting preference will be given to applications
received before Wednesday 14th July 2004. Please use the "cover letter" of
your online application to describe how you feel you meet the requirements
of the role (however you are also welcome to include other information
such as salary expectations, dates you may be unavailable to interview,
etc.) Thank you.

At GlaxoSmithKline we provide a supportive working environment, and a
range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer
competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to
retain the very best.

For confidential consideration and efficient processing, please apply
online at:

http://careers.peopleclick.com/client40_gsk/BU1/External_Pages_UK/newcandidate.asp?Source=ALL&JobID=14624

Please only apply by clicking on this link or by cutting and pasting it
into your web browser.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply for this role.  Please
note that we will only contact you again if you are invited to interview.
All data processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data
Protection Act.
GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be
themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish.  GSK is an equal
opportunity employer.