The final meeting of session of the Avon RSS local group will be held
next Friday, 11th June at 4:00pm:

Venue: Room SM4, School of Mathematics, University of Bristol, Bristol

Title: Bayesian animal survival estimation

Speaker: Ruth King, School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of
St. Andrews

Abstract:
In recent years there has been increasing interest in
understanding different ecological systems. We shall consider data
collected on a population of Soay sheep to obtain inference on the
underlying biological processes of the system. We consider a Bayesian
approach to discriminate between competing biological hypotheses and
provide parameter estimates.

Full details, including directions, are available from the local group
web site at

http://www.stats.bris.ac.uk/~magka/RSSLocalGroup