Dear allstatters,

I have received the folloing query.  I've recommended Rabe-Hesketh and
Everitt.  Do you have any other ideas?  Please reply to me and I'll
circulate replies to the list.

The query:
I've always wanted a book that I could go through on my own that would
walk me though some example clinical trial analyses that I could perform
on my computer.  I learn by doing and as such want to practice things
like doing Cox proportional hazards analysis so that I can lock down all
the concepts.  I was hoping there was a textbook around somewhere that
came with a statistics package in it that would teach concepts and then
provide examples that one could go through on the computer using the
provided software.   Do you know of such a book/software practice
combination?

Martin

J. Martin Bland
Prof. of Health Statistics