Hello

Just a short e-mail to thank members of the list for the 45 replies to
my enquiry.  These included responses which were several pages in
length, and a number of respondants included 'slides' from similar talks
they had given themselves.  I even received a few reprints on relevent
topics.  Many Many thanks to all who replied.

There were a lot of common features in the replies; even from
statisticians working in very different fields. A number of you said
that you'd found writing the reply quite cathartic!

Amongst the replies, there were also some comments/opinions on how
statisticians could 'look after'the folks who consult us better; which
raised several valid points.

I will (when I work out how) produce a summary/digest for the list;
meanwhile I  still have to write the lecture.

Thanks Again

Graham

--
Dr G.S.Clarke