Dear all,

We are planning another SPSS Users' meeting in the UK. To help us make this
meeting as useful and enjoyable as possible we would be grateful if you could
complete the short questionnaire below.

Many Thanks

Peter Watson

(on behalf of the SPSS Users' Group)

SPSS Users' QUESTIONNAIRE

1. Where should we hold the next annual meeting?(Please rate your
percentage likelihood of getting there, i.e. on a scale 0 to 100, purely
on locational considerations.)

                                                        %
        York
        Central London
        Birmingham
        Derby
        Edinburgh
        Glasgow
        Woking (SPSS UK Ltd)
        Manchester
        Elsewhere (please specify and score)

2. Would you find any of the below useful at such a meeting?

        Case studies                    Yes/No
        Workshops                       Yes/No
        SPSS software updates           Yes/No
        SPSS software demos             Yes/No
        Statistical methods in SPSS     Yes/No
        Other

3. Which of the following would you consider important in deciding
   whether or not to attend a SPSS meeting (Please indicate a percentage
   rating on a scale of 0 to 100)

                                                                %
        Location in UK
        Relevance of talks/workshops
        SPSS software news / demos
        Catering
        Building/atmosphere of venue
        Cost
        Date of meeting
        Length of meeting e.g. two days/one day
        Other (Please specify)

4. Any particular topics you would like to see covered? Please specify.

5. The meeting is usually held in October or November.
   In which month would you prefer the annual day meeting to be held?

6. This meeting has been held on a Friday. Which day would you prefer, and why?

7. The SPSS Users' group name is known as ASSESS for short (ASSociation of
   European SPSS UserS') although we are more UK based these days.

 Do you think ASSESS is a helpful name for the SPSS Users' group? Yes/No
 Do you have any suggestions as to a more suitable name?

8. Are you interested in attending the annual SPSS meeting in 2004? Yes/No

9. Any other comments? (Or use this as overflow space for another question.)

Please e-mail your replies to [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your time. It is much appreciated.

(There is a SPSS Users website at http://www.spssusers.co.uk/ )