Please be advised that I work part-time.

I am usually in work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of each week.

If your e-mail is sent outside of these days, there may be a delay in my response.

If the matter is urgent, please phone 0151 291 3755 or 0151 291 3771 or contact one of my colleagues by e-mail: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

>>> ADMIN-EO 02/09/04 09:49 >>>

The Equality and Diversity Initiatives in Higher Education website is
officially launched today by Coventry University.  To access please go to:

http://edihe.info/

The site will be dynamic until the end of June 2004, so if you are
currently running an innovative equality and diversity initiative or
programme which you would like to share with others in the sector, please
contact Jane Osmond ([log in to unmask]) with details and we will
include your programme in the database.

Finally, we wish to thank all the HEIs who responded to our questionnaire
and took the time to speak to us in more depth about their initiatives.

Regards
Jane Osmond
Coventry University

Background
The Mapping Equality and Diversity Initiatives in HE project aimed to
construct a searchable database of equality and diversity initiatives
across the HE sector. The project was funded by HEFCE through its Good
Management Practice Fund. Between May and November 2003, Coventry
University collected data about initiatives which are underway in Higher
Education Institutions in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
through the completion of an online questionnaire.

By December 2003, a total of 87 HEIs had participated in the study. We
also explored a number of initiatives in more depth, and these and other
resources can be accessed through the pages of the website. The
initiatives which can be found on the website are merely indicative of a
very wide range of equality and diversity strategies which are taking
place across the sector.