I think this is an important point, as suppliers to organisations have to be
equal opps compliant and this also applies to who delivers our post.

-----Original Message-----
From: HE Administrators equal opportunities list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nick Givens
Sent: 28 May 2004 13:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Post Office and BNP

Hi All,

Yesterday a postal worker posted a BNP leaflet through my home letterbox, as
required by his employer, the Roayl mail, which clearly has a contract with
the BNP.

We can't control who delivers post to us, but we can choose who delivers post
from us.

To my way of thinking, this means that public auhtorities, including HEIs,
should no longer use the Royal Mail as provider of outgoing mail, becasue it
does not meet the 'procurement' expectations of the RRAA.

What do you think?

Nick Givens.

Lecturer in Education,
School of Education and Lifelong Learning,
University of Exeter,
Heavitree Road,
Exeter,
EX1 2LU,