HE Administrators equal opportunities list
<[log in to unmask]> on 16 September 2004 at 15:31 +0000 wrote:
>Dear Colleagues
>We are looking to provide some disability awareness training for staff
>during the next academic year.  Does anyone have any experience of good
>training organisations in this area that they feel they could recommend?
>Any suggestions gratefully received.
>Best wishes
>Jill Scott

Jill, I went to a meeting the other day where there was some good DDA
training - a summary follows (this was sent to me by the organiser).

Waqas Hussain will be joining us to talk to us about good/best practice
with regard to disability equality. Waqas is an inspirational young
diversity trainer. He is a registered DDA trainer with the DRC. Waqas is
registered blind and he prides himself in re-educating the society to
embrace diversity.

Some of the topics he covers includes:

v     Disability Equality
v     DDA training & Policy advice
v     DDA & Employment
v     DDA & Service Delivery
v     DDA & Small Business
v     What is Accessibility?
v     Understanding visual impairment & service audits
v     SENDA  & Race relations training for the FE sector

His contact details are:

DEO consultancy UK
Diversity Equality and Opportunity

Wagas Hussain
Tel 0208 240 1999  mob 07796 352 047   Fax 081 900 8118
Email [log in to unmask]

I have no idea how easy it is to book or what he charges so leave to you
to follow up if you wish.  He has someone with him to assist re travel
etc.  Although HE is not mentioned in the list he said that he can include
this if needed (I was in a mixed group of public and other organisations
who are all members of the Surrey Equality Partnership)

Penny

Penny Alder
Equality and Diversity Advisor
Personnel Dept

The Surrey Institute of Art and Design University College
Falkner Road
Farnham
Surrey
GU9 7DS

Tel: 01252 892997
Fax: 01252 892680
email: [log in to unmask]

necessarily those of the Surrey Institute.  This message may contain
confidential information and will be protected by copyright.  If you
receive it in error please notify us, delete it and do not make use of it,
or copy it.  Any reply may be read by the recipient to whom you send it
and others within the Surrey Institute.

Although we aim to use efficient virus checking procedures the Surrey
Institute accepts no liability for viruses and recipients should use their
own virus checking procedures.