Thanks all, good to see people interested in the subject.

Does anyone think it appropriate to pass these comments onto the DRC and see what they have to say about it?  They're really keen to clarify.  The RICS working party would also be very interested.  I need consent before I can pass info. on of course.

Any clarity for surveyors would be appreciated, particularly as some landlords have been serving notices on tenants to undertake often unecessary and very expensive (eg £50k for a small shop)works under the "DDA" banner.  Most have no idea of the difference between parts II and III, particularly in retail, let alone common v communal, multi-user areas and the lack of "public" definition.

Perhaps an article?

Helen