Dear Elliott,
It is well known that a dog's urine can kill grass & "burn" a lawn very
effectively, was that what the patient had in mind do you think?

I don't know whether it's caused by the acidity, high osmolality, a specific
constituent, or what.

It would be interesting to know if the same aetiology would lead in an ulcer
to debridement, antisepsis, or both.

There are other of course ancient topical remedies, I recall a mention of
honey in that context, it would sound like a nicer thing to use.

Anyone got any genuine & relevant knowledge or expertise?

Merry crimble,
Les