Dear Vitros users

Does anyone else have problems with measuring calcium, other than the
temperature variation ones?
We report adjusted calcium levels and have repeated isolated unlikely
looking low measurments. Repeated results show higher (usually normal)
adjusted calcium levels. Our albumin results are stable.

I had a look at calcium repeats (30 in total) across a range (total calcium
1.22 - 3.26mmol/L) on calcium samples assayed the day before. All repeats
gave higher results which varied from 0.04 - 0.21mmol/L, obviously the lower
differences may be due to analytical variation, but the higher ones are
concerning.

Has anyone had similar experiences and if so, have you done anything about
it?

Thanks in anticipation

Paul A Robinson
Royal Berkshire Hospital