Perhaps the best way is not to label a pt with a health 'diagnosis' but
simply to describe the  problem, it's probable causes and get a package of
help going appropriately. If that includes gently pointing out deficiences
in parenting, then so be it. I have a 10 yr old-he usually obeys me,
soemtimes he doesn't but knows that there will consequences.

>From: Robbie Coull <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: 'Conduct disorder'
>Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:30:27 +0000
>
> > Finally, if ADHD is solely bad parenting, how many of us have seen
> > families where only one child out of a number of siblings has ADHD - or
> > alternatively, *doesn't* have it? Are some children less susceptible to
> > bad parenting? And if so, why?
>
>That's a key point.
>
>The answer is 'yes' children respond to difficult environments differently.
>
>As to why, and how  can we use this in treatment, I'd like to know.
>
>--
>Robbie Coull
>email: [log in to unmask]             website: http://www.coull.net
>
>https://www.locum123.com contact locum doctors by SMS and email

High-speed users—be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet