Dear all,

I am organizing the panel on the topic of gender and forced migration.
It will be part of The World Congress of the International Council for
Central and East European Studies. The Congress will take place at the
Humboldt Universitat in Berlin, July 25th - 30th, 2005 (website:
http://www.iccees2005.de)

I am looking for participants who deal with the issues of gender and
forced migration in the context of Central Eastern Europe or post-Soviet
Union.

The panel should consist of a chair, 3-4 speakers and a discussant.
Maja Korac from University of East London already agreed to participate.
I will take part as a speaker and present the findings of my research
called "Asylum Seekers: Gender Roles and Conjugal Relationships
Challenged (The Case of Chechen Refugees  in the Czech Republic)".

If you know about someone who would like to take part, please let me
know as soon as possible. The list of participants has to be submitted
until the end of February 2004. (although the abstracts of papers
presented are due next year)

With best regards,
Alice Szczepanikova

Alice Szczepanikova
Department of Gender Studies
Central European University, Budapest
[log in to unmask] (temporary)
[log in to unmask] (permanent)

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the
Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by the Refugee Studies
Centre (RSC), University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the
views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or
re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or extracts
should include attribution to the original sources.