Dear SPM users.

I was wondering if you could give me some ideas on how to accomplish the
task that I have here.
What we need is a ratio GM:WM:CSF from a specified voxel within a brain from
a high resolution( about 1x1x1 mm) structural scan of a single subject.
Do I have to normalize the brain prior to segmentation? I understand that I
need to use prior images for segmentation, but, correct me if I am wrong,
those prior images are just averages of lots of segmented brains?
And without prior images it will just take longer to segment the brain?
If I do need to normalize the brain before segmentation, where can I get the
normalization matrix so that I could adjust the voxel position, size and
shape also? Is it on the normalization output page under linear (affine)
component?
What about values contained in _sn.mat file?
Thank you beforehand for your input!

Best regards,
Renat.