*Apologies for cross posting*

Dear list members,

I have recently joined SOAS as Academic Staff Developer and would like to
introduce some changes to the training offered to our graduate teaching
assistants. Currently we offer a stand alone 2-day training before the start
of the year, however I would like to extend this to cover

(a) an intensive 3-day training event before term starts
(b) a follow up face to face session 6 weeks into term
(c) an ongoing aspect to training and support, delivered via the school's VLE

[These changes are based on suggestions made by interviewing past teaching
assistants]

Given that such an extension of training would involve more money, time and
other resources, I have been asked to find out what other instituions offer,
particularly in terms of length of training. There is concern within the
insitituion that students would not attend "such a long" course as that
proposed above, and so I'm keen to benchmark my proposals with other
instituions.

If you would be prepared to give me an outline of the training offered by
your instituion to graduate teaching assistants, I would be extremely grateful.

Please contact me off list on [log in to unmask]

With best wishes,

Zoe