Gunner,
Democracy comes in many forms and there is no requirement of exclusion although
there may be the habit of exclusion. Exclusion is often used as a mechanism to
disenfranchise those who otherwise could be viable and contributing members of
a society. There are questions one might ask about the viability of systems
which allow partial and exclusionary democracy to make decisions that affect
people well beyond those who are allowed to participate.

Is a yammerocracy a democracy where people are allowed to express unpopular,
unpleasant or disagreeable ideas? If it is then I guess I would prefer to live
in a yammerocracy. Thanks for pointing that out.

Also I must say that the non-yammerocracies I have lived in seem to allow some
people to make decisions for many which I think is pretty much the same as
talking until one view has prevailed but without the talking.

I hope I am not supposed to interpret your second to the last paragraph as
meaning that people should not feel obliged to take responsibility for their
actions.

Thanks for the humour, I enjoyed it.
Regards,
Jan

Jan Coker
C3-10 Underdale
University of South Australia
+61 8 8302 6919
fax +61 8 8302 6239
Relativity teaches us the connection between the different descriptions of one
and the same reality
Albert Einstein

I would submit, however, that the discussion has made clear to anyone
who is still awake that the use of a false identity (or at least the
use of a false identity followed by being honest about having done so)
will have a series of bad results, some "official" and most not. The
social pressure to avoid these results is great. Whether such social
pressure is democratic or in what sense it is democratic may be
debatable but it is the closest thing to democracy that is plausible on
this forum so calls for Official Rulings are de facto anti-democratic
demands.
</last rant on this subject>

I hereby join the ranks of those who have sworn to avoid Cindy-related
threads including "What we should do since Cindy's untimely death in a
horrible train accident and what sort of flowers are appropriate"
threads. I invite you to join us.

Gunnar
Gunnar Swanson Design Office
536 South Catalina Street